SemiProfessional

Young (Semi) Professional

I'm a promiscuous reader. I'll read anything.

Half Moon Hill: A Destiny Novel (Destiny, Ohio)
Toni Blake
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
Mary Roach
Hard As It Gets (Hard Ink, #1)
Laura Kaye

Secrets of a Summer Night (The Wallflowers, Book 1)

Secrets of a Summer Night - Lisa Kleypas Great Scott! A historical romance heroine who isn't a simpering, wet blanket?! Surely, I must be mistaken!

Thank you, Mrs. Kleypas for not making Annabelle Peyton an insufferable, self-pitying twit. The beauty of Annabelle's character is that she's quite genuine about things. If she doesn't like your company, she'll trade a verbal barb or two. She doesn't try to justify herself to people, for the most part, and that's a quality I can admire. The plot centers on Annabelle finding a husband. For the setting's standards, Annabelle is getting rather old and it's about time she bag herself a rich one. She has no qualms or hesitancies about admitting to herself that is what indeed she plans to do. Screw anyone else!

I don't want to go on and on about what I loved about this book because there is certainly quite a bit to list. The one liners tossed about in dialogue were genius and I marked a few of them to go back and reread from time to time. The relationship between Annabelle and Simon showed growth and change which I appreciated. I prefer to experience a gradual awakening when it comes to those things instead of, "Oh hey, we love each other now, Kay, guys?!" Most of all, I think any scenes where the Wallflowers were interacting together shined throughout the book and may have just overshadowed the electric action with Mr. Hunt. It's really hard not to get attached to each one. I honestly don't think I can pick my favorite girl.

The next story, It Happened One Autumn, follows Lillian Bowman and Lord Westcliff. I'm already itching to get my hands on a copy of it consider when we last saw the two of them; they pretty much hate each other. I may just go through all of Lisa Kleypas' books since I'm clearly enamored with her writing after just one book.