SemiProfessional

Young (Semi) Professional

I'm a promiscuous reader. I'll read anything.

Half Moon Hill: A Destiny Novel (Destiny, Ohio)
Toni Blake
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
Mary Roach
Hard As It Gets (Hard Ink, #1)
Laura Kaye

One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, No. 1) (Stephanie Plum Novels)

One for the Money - Janet Evanovich For the life of me, I have no idea why I waited so long to start this book. It was one of those books where I'd just stare at it while it sat on my dresser, promising myself that I'd begin reading it the next day.

The highlight of this book for me was the characters. Janet Evanovich certainly knows how to write engaging characters. Stephanie Plum is one of those heroines that is legitimately hard not to love. She was ballsy yet vulnerable at times; smart and witty though prone to stupid mistakes; a realistic balance of traits that made her believable as a real person and not just words on paper.

That being said, the downfall of this book was the characters. Not in content, but in number. There were so many names; friends, family, witnesses, coworkers, etc. I was finding it difficult to remember who had what connection to the story, with the exception of the main players. I'm not sure which irritated me more; the vast amount of secondary characters or Ramirez referring to himself in third person as "the champ" the entire book.

I'm really glad I bit the bullet and finally read it though. It was more than worthy of my time and I'll be desperately trying to fit in the second book, as soon as possible.